Candidates should have knowledge of, comfort with, and interest in creating fair and equitable workplaces for LGBT people.
- Working toward or hold a BA degree in communications, community relations or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong collaborative, planning and implementation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle changing deadlines
- Motivated, outgoing self-starter who can implement projects with a minimal amount of supervision
- Knowledge of social networks, including Twitter and Facebook
- Tech savvy
- Awareness of national and global LGBT workplace issues
- Expert level Excel skills and proficiency in other Microsoft programs including MSWord and Powerpoint
- Proficiency in video editing programs.
- Excellent oral/written/interpersonal communication skills
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
This internship requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send cover letter and resume, with the position to which you are applying in the subject line, to: BBeyrouti@outandequal.org. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Duration is for 4 months beginning approximately August 8, 2014, and ending December 5, 2014.
Persons of color, women, and transgender individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Out and Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.